Thanks everyone for your support on my lack of desire to blog. I feel very weary lately.
This weekend I had 4 days without leaving the property and I accomplished quite a bit. Here is a sampling:
Prepared about 30 pieces of fabric shabori-style for my next Indigo Dye day next Saturday. A combination of folding, twisting, and stitching. I believe I’ve used every piece of white/beige fabric that I have. Next step is to raid the closets for anything light coloured and hit the op shops.
Finished another 5 hexagons (Debby – I’ll be doing a detailed blog post soon about what I’ve learned and supplies I use so hang tight!). The blocks are from the book The New Hexagon by Katja Marek and the layout is from the booklet Glorious Hexagon. I also did about 20 blocks (based upon a quilt by Brigit Giblin and instructions from Emily Herrick’s The Mighty Lucky Quilt Challenge from February) plus setting triangles to audition for borders on this quilt.
Several needle cases made from my first indigo dyeing session. I also added rust to them and quilted in machine sashiko style per Jacquie Gering’s lesson from The Mighty Lucky Quilt Challenge for March.
I used a bit of my indigo-dyed fabric to mend two knee holes in my jeans. I can’t remember the last time I actually wore out the knees of jeans. These were ‘bought’ holes. Some may think I’m too old to wear this style but I really don’t care what people think. 🙂 (I can assure you that you won’t see me wearing sparkly shoes or purple hats any time in the near future.)
Quilted 3 smallish improv pieces. All three were in response to challenges on the Sherri Lynn Wood FB site.
Last week I bound a giving quilt. The small group that I belong to is making quilts for a new resident facility.
Oh, and I did some more embroidery on my Voluptuous Woman quilt (there were quite a few hours of Rugby and Surfing competitions this weekend). I’m still stuck on the naked lady image – but I haven’t given up yet.