To recap – this was the Bonnie Hunter 2015 Mystery Quilt called Allietare. My version is about 80×80. I used straight line/walking foot quilting for the centre and free motion/darning foot for the border. Thanks again to Robin & Annette for helping me out with reds when I was running short. Thanks to Pat for supplying the smaller layout.
I made double the amount of blocks needed so have enough for at least 1 more quilt – depending upon the size I’d make – but I’ve put it away for now.
In line with my austerity challenge, I pieced the back. I used 50/50 Bamboo/Cotton batting – which is a favourite of mine. It’s VERY lightweight and handles beautifully. In spite of it being a BAQ (Big Ass Quilt), it was quite enjoyable to quilt on my domestic machine. I think straight line quilting is easier on the domestic for these larger quilts.
I love the colors of this quilt. And I like the pattern. Mystery quilts can sometimes be disappointing – but I am pleased with this one. Plus – I love the mystery quilt process……I really enjoy not knowing where I will end up. Although I like this quilt, we don’t need another quilt so at this point it is homeless. It might end up being a ‘good daddy’ quilt.