Finished. I ended up FMQing it. Heavily quilted in the background of each block. Some of the blocks are from books/patterns/magazines I’ve collected over the years. Some are created from things I’ve seen online. I used cotton fabric for the binding.
- If you match your thread, it’s hard to see where you’ve been and where you need to go. This seems to be a bigger issue on wool than cotton. I suppose because most of the wool pieces weren’t solid.
- Seams in a wool quilt are much more of a problem than seams in a cotton quilt. They bunch up.
- Even using bamboo batting and a cotton back, wool quilts get VERY heavy.
This quilt won’t win any awards but it is pleasing to the eye. I’m not sure that I will do another largish wool quilt but I’ll continue to play with smaller pieces. I’d love to do some wool pincushions at some point. Plus, I have a huge pile of wool and acid dyes that are just waiting to be worked with.
This quilt would be good in the backseat or trunk of a car for winter emergencies.