Instead of starting any of the new projects I brought back with me from the USA, I’ve decided to finish up 2013 by working on some existing projects in an attempt to clean my slate prior to 2014.
Here’s my plan for the rest of 2013……
1. Finish the FMQing on Mr. W’s Civil War quilt. Sew on the binding. Put in a pile to bind while watching the Winter Olympics in February.
2. FMQ small log cabin runner, bind and put in Winter Olympics pile.
3. Prep back on Bow Tie Quilt. FMQ. Sew on binding. Put in Winter Olympics pile.
4. Redesign ugly grey & yellow quilt top. Plan is to cut it into pieces and re-sew with something else. Thinking to do something like my ‘fractured reality’ stuff from a couple years back. I’ll document the process. 🙂
5. Finish knitting shawl (only about 6 rows to go if I decided NOT to rip out the last 5 rows where I made a teeny tiny booboo).
6. Work on (finish?) hand quilting on New York Beauty. This is somewhat dependent upon the weather. If we have a hot summer, which it looks as if we will, I won’t be spending much time under the quilt working on it. It needs to be finished by the February quilt show though.
7. Figure lay-out on block exchange from local quilt group. Sew together. Maybe FMQ yet this year? Again, depends upon when it gets hot and HOW hot. No A/C in my little house and it gets pretty miserable there.
8. Bind small 9 patch quilt that I brought back with me that Deb Carlson made for me back in the days of the Brookings Quilt Group.
I have a few other smaller projects that I may or may not get to……I’d like to make a few more wide zippered pouches and I really liked the Amy Butler bag that I made to take on holiday with me so I might make another one of those. We’ll see.