Now that I’ve finished the postage stamp top and I’ve bagged on the Grandmother’s Choice BOM program, I put my New York Beauty quilt back up on the design wall.
Here’s my thoughts for now:
1. I think I’m quite satisfied with the top and middle section. The block on the right center might need something more but for now I’m happy with it just being a block with eco-printed background.
2. The lower left block has a few butterflies appliquéd and embroidered on it. I need to make a full NYB circle for this background block.
3. The oak leaf block is less than inspiring to me. I’m thinking to find another oak leaf template and embroider some more leaves around the outside of the block. Also, I’ll overlap/underlap some of the embroidered leaves with the appliqued leaves. If that fails me – I’m pulling off the oak leaves as so far – I’m not TOTALLY in love with them.
4. In the lower right hand corner below the oak leaf block, I think I need another 3 section NYB block to ‘hug’ that corner.
5. All the other blank spots – I’ll be auditioning fabrics and/or putting in some freeform pieced sections.
On a personal note, we had a little ‘date day’ with the neighbors on Sunday up to the Pigeon House Tea Room. It’s just around the back of us. Beautiful day. The food in general was good. The cheesecake was wonderful; it reminded me of my mom’s – light and fluffy. The company was fab! My cheeks (on my face) hurt when we arrived home from laughing so much.
Here are a couple pictures: