There is an Australian children’s story book called The Magic Pudding by Norman Lindsay. The gist of the story is that the pudding never runs out. No matter how often it is eaten, it always regenerates in order to be eaten again. Well, I have a pastel fabric stash that – no matter how many quilts I make out of the fabric – it just seems to morph into MORE fabric. I have been trying to use it up for years without success.
It was a line of fabric that K2 and I bought when we owned the quilt store. I think we actually bought about 3 lines of it. And every time we bought a line, I HAD to have a fat quarter (at least) of each fabric. Plus, yards and yards of beautiful pieces (3-6 yard pieces) for backgrounds or backings. Then, when we closed the shop, the fabrics that didn’t sell went into my stash. Needless to say – I must have had 30-40 yards (no lie) of fabric in these lines – perhaps more. Now I remember…..it was Robyn Pandolph cabbage rose fabrics.
Here are 2 of the quilts I made from these fabrics:
And then there is the embroidery one waiting to be quilted by K2. I don’t have a picture of it but you can see it on her blog here. (I’ll need a picture of that once you get it quilted and bound, sista.)
Plus, I have this two color (yellow & white) quilt on the bed in the JHMS which I think is from the Robyn Pandolph line also (JHMS=John Howard Memorial Suite – small and uncomfortable – some would say- “like he is”.)
I believe I have finally sewn the last quilt using this fabric stash. I have a few bits and pieces of it left over but for the most part…..I’m done…..I believe my Robyn Pandolph pastel fabric stash is used up. My cabbage rose magic pudding fabric is done. If I never sew another pastel quilt, it may be too soon.
Here is a picture of the latest and last quilt I made from this line. It was made with left over strips. It’s a wonky log cabin. I used left over blocks from other quilts to build borders. There are a few dark green strips that really jump out at me that I don’t like – so I’m thinking I may need to replace them. Then again……I don’t have a use for this quilt – and it might end up being a quilt that I use to practice over-dyeing or burying in the back yard for 6 months – so maybe I’ll just leave the dark bits I don’t like in it. We’ll see…….
Oh, and here’s the back (note that I have a label printed and inserted – go ME!):
And here’s the last of the fabric in the bin….just enough for binding and then it will get put into the general scrap pile.