Unfinished projects – not to be confused with un-STARTED projects. Specifically, I’m talking unfinished QUILT projects.
I’ve been inspired by K2′s blog posts and her quest to quilt her tops in 2014. She’s participating in Heirloom Creations UFO Incentive program and has posted 80 quilt tops (so far) that she would like to finish in 2014.
I’ve also been inspired by a quarterly UFO club that I belong to online.
Ultimately, I have this burning desire to bust through my fabric stash and scraps this year. I’m not sure why but it feels like the amount of projects I have is weighing me down and I’d like to lighten the load. In the process though, I’d like to ENJOY the moments rather than just bust through to get things finished. I’d like to slow down and smell the (fabric) roses!
Here is my list of unfinished quilt projects and pictures of the current state of the project. I’m thinking to do a monthly update on progress, or perhaps I’ll make a separate tab for these projects; I’m not quite sure at this point.
1. Wonky Baskets – next step is to applique the top border of flowers.
2. Pink String Quilt – needs to be quilted
3. Taupe bed quilt (king size) – needs to be quilted
4. Log Cabin wall hanging – needs to be quilted
5. Angels in the Attic – needs the angels stitched down and then to be quilted
6. mini-nine patch & hexie quilt – this one is in the design stage. I’m not 100% sure where I’m going with it just yet. It will probably be the next one up on the design wall so I can figure out how many hexie blocks I need for the outer border.
7. Taupe NYB – I’m currently hand utility quilting this puppy. Goal is to have it finished by June for the local quilt show.
8. Robyn’s 9 patch leftovers – This one is on the design wall right now. It’s from left over bits and pieces that were in the boxes of fabric my friend Robyn gave me. Her 1/4 inch and my 1/4 inch are about 1/8 of an inch different and so it’s not fitting together well but I’m ok with that. I’m just adding pieces here and there to make it square. I know it doesn’t look anything like an Anna Williams or Gees Bend quilt but truly, that is where I took my inspiration. Sorta the ‘make it do/make it work’ philosophy.
9. Quilt Group blocks – I have about 12 blocks to work with here. Thinking to add wonky star blocks? It’s in the design phase.
10. String pieced 8″ crazy quilt – This is my current leader/ender project. Not sure how big it will be. Using left over HAPPY strips.
11. Mr. W’s Civil War – Needs the binding to be hand sewn.
12. Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice Mystery – I’m currently on clue 5 and keeping up.
13. Serenity My Ass – This one needs to have a back painted/dyed. I’m waiting for my new stencils to arrive and then I think I’ll schedule a week of playing with paint and fabric.
14. 1″ Taupe log cabin – At this point, I only have 1″ strips cut. I want to use a red (cross between a burgundy and wine color) for the center square and then a traditional design of light on one side and dark on the other. This probably won’t be a big quilt – I’m thinking it will be for a purse or a needlecase or maybe a wide zippered pouch. As I cut more Japanese Taupes for my Brothers & Sisters quilt, I will cut more 1″ strips and this will become my new leader/ender project.